How unstable is hamm?

I've been watching all of the messages concerning libc6 upgrades and now
I've just got to ask.  How unstable is hamm?  My major interest is due to
development.  I'd really like to start playing around with version 6, but
I'd hate to destroy my system to do it... :)  I have an admin level
knowledge of unix so feel free to be honest with me.  Thanks in advance
for any input.

Brad Fitzgibbons

UNT CAS Computing Services
brad@unt.edu