Re: How unstable is hamm?

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, John Bradley Fitzgibbons wrote:

> I've been watching all of the messages concerning libc6 upgrades and now
> I've just got to ask.  How unstable is hamm?  My major interest is due to
I've been running a mostly-hamm system since July,  and haven't had any
problems other than:

At one point about a month ago I synced up my machine with the unstable
tree,  because I was getting utmp errors.  Libc6 has redefined a mess of
those basic data types,  so things like "w" and "who" weren't working.
Haven't had any trouble since then.

Otherwise,  just make sure you follow the libc5-to-libc6 howto so you
don't really screw up dpkg.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|The problem with computers:                                             |
|                      rivendell[501] [~]> love me                       |
|                      bash: love: command not found                     |
|                      rivendell[502] [~]> hug me                        |
|                      bash: hug: command not found                      |