Re: DNS Problem

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Tommy Lakofski wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Scott Ellis wrote:
> > Okay, first suggestion is to turn off rich text or HTML email in your mail
> > client.  Email does NOT have pretty colors or centering and I usually just
> > delete any message I see which looks like a webpage.
>
> That's a bit of a broad sweeping statement. I guess you'll be using 7-bit
> ASCII in the year 2050 then.
>
> I would think HTML would be more acceptable than something like RTF.

That statement compares to starting a discussion about what picture
binaries are acceptable when sent to a mailinglist by email. They should
not be sent in the first place without special reasons and circumstances.

Before you know it, in 1999 everybody is sending m$ word documents
(complete with embedded excel sheets, activex binaries and all kinds of
viruses.) and agreeing how "standard" they all are.

At my work this is already happening, including the part with the viruses.
Sigh..

Cheers,

Joost