Re: DNS Problem

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Tommy Lakofski wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Scott Ellis wrote:
> > Okay, first suggestion is to turn off rich text or HTML email in your mail
> > client.  Email does NOT have pretty colors or centering and I usually just
> > delete any message I see which looks like a webpage.
>
> That's a bit of a broad sweeping statement. I guess you'll be using 7-bit
> ASCII in the year 2050 then.
>
> I would think HTML would be more acceptable than something like RTF.

HTML is not e-mail, it's HTML.  When I get a mail which looks like a web
page, I usually just hit 'D', I don't have time to try to parse out all
the formatting codes to read it.  And yes, I'll happily be using 7bit or
8bit text in 2050 for email.  Binary attachments are fine when necessary,
making the core of a text message unreadable isn't.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/