Re: Making Debian bootable from hard disk

 >   boot=/dev/hda1

  This line tells LILO to install itself to the bootsector of the first
harddisk partition.  In order for LILO to actually run, the MBR software
must boot this partition (i.e., the active flag must be set to it).
Alternatively, you may choose to install LILO to the MBR:

  boot=/dev/hda

 >   root=/dev/hdc1

 > The error message I am getting from liloconfig:

 > Warning: BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible
 >                     ^^^^

  The 0x82 is the BIOS drive number, and has nothing to do with the
partition type.  As most older PC BIOSes only support two harddisks,
LILO is trying to warn you here that you may not be able to access this
disk at boot time.  If you are sure you can, you can safely ignore this
message.  BTW, are you certain it is /dev/hdc, not /dev/hdb?

  Gertjan.

--
Gertjan Klein <gklein@xs4all.nl>
The Boot Control home page: http://www.xs4all.nl/~gklein/bcpage.html