AWE 64 Troubles despite following FAQ

I recently purchased an AWE 64 Value and have been pulling my hair out
trying to get it to work properly on my Debian system.  I have read
through Sound-HOWTO as well as the fine "Soundblaster AWE 32/64 HOWTO" by
Marcus Brinkman.  However, despite all my efforts I am still not able to
get the WaveTable portion of the card to be recognized by the sound
driver.  Here's what I get when I try installing the sound module:

xwing# isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf
Board 1 has Identity 3f 1f 5e 91 4e e4 00 8c 0e:  CTL00e4 Serial No
526291278 [checksum 3f]

xwing# modprobe -a sound trace_init=1
Sound initialization started
<Sound Blaster 16 (4.16)> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 1,5
<Sound Blaster 16> at 0x330 irq 5 dma 0
<Yamaha OPL3 FM> at 0x388
Sound initialization complete
AWE32 not found
AWE32: not detected

For some reason, the driver cannot detect the AWE32 portion of the card,
which I'm assuming is the WaveTable portion.  If anyone could shed some
light on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
				Nick

Here's a copy of my /etc/isapnp.conf file:

# $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.8 1997/01/14 21:05:35 fox Exp $
# This is free software, see the sources for details.
# This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
#
# For details of this file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
#
# Compiler flags: -DREALTIME -DNEEDSETSCHEDULER
#
# Trying port address 0203
# Board 1 has serial identifier 3f 1f 5e 91 4e e4 00 8c 0e

#(DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE)
(IDENTIFY *)

# Card 1: (serial identifier 3f 1f 5e 91 4e e4 00 8c 0e)
# CTL00e4 Serial No 526291278 [checksum 3f]
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 1.0
# ANSI string -->Creative SB AWE64  PnP<--
# Vendor defined tag:  73 02 45 20
#
# Logical device id CTL0045
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE CTL00e4/526291278 (LD 0
#     ANSI string -->Audio<--

# Multiple choice time, choose one only !

#     Start dependent functions: priority preferred
#       IRQ 5.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
(INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
#       First DMA channel 1.
#             8 bit DMA only
#             Logical device is not a bus master
#             DMA may execute in count by byte mode
#             DMA may not execute in count by word mode
#             DMA channel speed in compatible mode
(DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
#       Next DMA channel 5.
#             16 bit DMA only
#             Logical device is not a bus master
#             DMA may not execute in count by byte mode
#             DMA may execute in count by word mode
#             DMA channel speed in compatible mode
(DMA 1 (CHANNEL 5))
#       Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
#             Minimum IO base address 0x0220
#             Maximum IO base address 0x0220
#             IO base alignment 1 bytes
#             Number of IO addresses required: 16
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0220))
#       Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
#             Minimum IO base address 0x0330
#             Maximum IO base address 0x0330
#             IO base alignment 1 bytes
#             Number of IO addresses required: 2
(IO 1 (BASE 0x0330))
#       Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
#             Minimum IO base address 0x0388
#             Maximum IO base address 0x0388
#             IO base alignment 1 bytes
#             Number of IO addresses required: 4
(IO 2 (BASE 0x0388))

#     End dependent functions
(ACT Y)
))

#
# Logical device id CTL7002
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE CTL00e4/526291278 (LD 1
#     Compatible device id PNPb02f
#     ANSI string -->Game<--

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
#             Minimum IO base address 0x0200
#             Maximum IO base address 0x0208
#             IO base alignment 8 bytes
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x0200))

#     End dependent functions
(ACT Y)
))
#
# Logical device id CTL0022
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE CTL00e4/526291278 (LD 2
#     ANSI string -->WaveTable<--

#     Start dependent functions: priority preferred
#       Logical device decodes 16 bit IO address lines
#             Minimum IO base address 0x0620
#             Maximum IO base address 0x0620
#             IO base alignment 1 bytes
#             Number of IO addresses required: 4
#
#  Note that when I ran 'pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf' only the 0x0620 entry
#  showed up, unlike what was shown in the AWE 32/64 HOWTO.  I added the
#  two other entries to try and make it work, but it doesn't either as shown
#  or with the two additional entries uncommented.
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0620))
#(IO 0 (BASE 0x0a20))
#(IO 0 (BASE 0x0e20))

#     End dependent functions
#     Vendor defined tag:  75 01 69 46 35 55
(ACT Y)
))
(WAITFORKEY)
# End tag... Checksum 0x00 (OK)

Nick Busigin     <Sent from my Debian/GNU Linux Machine>    nick@xwing.org

To obtain my pgp public key, email me with the subject: "get pgp-key"