Re: Update: immovable mouse cursor under XFree86 (Debian 1.3)

"Charles Read" <charles_read@hotmail.com> writes:
> I believe both "PS/2" and "/dev/mouse"
> are correct.
>
> What else could be messing up the mouse/cursor?

There are certain ambiguities in the way that you specified how you
connected your mouse to the computer.  Here are the correct
possibilities, to the best of my knowledge:

1. Mouse is connected to a PS/2 (aka mini-DIN 6, which is circular) port.
   The port is set as /dev/psaux, which can be a link from /dev/mouse.
   The kernel has the psaux module loaded.
   The mouse type under XF86Setup is set as "PS/2".
   With this setup the third button will not work.

2. Mouse is connected to a serial port (DB-9 or DB-5, which is
    trapezoidal) port
   The port is set as /dev/ttyS[01], which can be a link from
    /dev/mouse.
   The kernel does not need the psaux module loaded.
   The mouse type under XF86Setup is set as "Intellimouse."
   The third button should work.
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> <blp@gnu.org> <pfaffben@debian.org>
Senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail will receive free 32MB core files!