Re: Just starting - looking for references

Hi Frank.

>I've just placed an order for the Debian Gnu/Linux 2 cd set.  I can't
>afford a lot of reference material so I'll be using library books as
>much as possible.

Snap! I've just ordered a 2cd Debian set from Linux Software Labs'
Aussie site.  A$10.95 for two CDs and enough software to choke a
horse.

http://www.linuxpress.com/debuser.htm
This link is to a complete html version of "The Debian Linux User
Guide".  It is one big file by the way (about 350k) but should keep
you happy.

There is plenty of documentation at the Debian site too. I know
because I've been going cross-eyed reading it in the wee hours of the
morning.

>I've been using Redhat for a while but I expect the layout of files will
>be different.

Same here. My Debian stuff won't arrive until Monday probably so I can
take my time and backup everything in my /etc and below for
comparisons if/when I stuff up my new configuration.