Re: Can Debian replace Windows NT Server?

Adam Shand <ashand@alaska.net> writes:

> > > I know this is a FAQ, and the answer is no in principle, because the Samba
> > > team won't do any development regarding authentication services (with a
> > > justified reason), but I'd like to know if Debian can replace NTS --
> > > obviating the lack of authentication.
>
> I hadn't heard that about the Samba team.  What are their reasons for not
> doing further work on authentication services?

so far as a know the main problem is the not documented communication
between the servers. But on the other hand there should be
authentication against the Samba server possible with the next major
release.

I'm searching a solution for this problem to. There was sometime ago
an announcement that a company provides a commercial solution for the
authentication problem.

Bye
  Christian

--