Re: Anybody in for helping a new debian user with aic7xxx ?

Dieter Rohlfing wrote
>The 2 PCs are SCSI-only systems, HDs and CDROM are SCSI-2. Here are the
>main hardware components:

Hi

May be this is a hint.
I am trying to install Debian 1.3.1 on a SCSI only system right now.
For me only booting from the cd-rom doesn't work.
(LDLoadlin ... something and then halt).
But from DOS it worked.

During boot I get some messages I never saw with other kernels.
Wild interupts and after the successfull recognition of my
Adaptec (2920 ?) aic7850 it complain about
failed initialization WD7000 SCSI chip ???

Sorry I have to get home to be more precise.

Is there somebody else with problems on a SCSI only system ?

Stephan