Re: mc problem

allen@cleo.murdoch.edu.au (Lindsay Allen) writes:

> I certainly understand things better now and it seems that the
> problem is not in mc at all.  I just wiped every mc related file
> from my box and installed Paul's mc_4.0-linux-1_i386.deb and it
> behaves in exactly the same way.  There is a lot of disk activity
> when I hit Enter on a .deb so I think the file is being opened.  I
> just don't get to see the result.

This doesn't work at all for me, either. View is fine, but hitting
Enter does nothing. Lindsay, if you hit Ctrl-o after such an operation
you should be able to see what the shell returned. When I hit enter on
binutils_2.8.1-2.deb, for example, I get

./binutils_2.8.1-2.deb: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `!<arch>'
./binutils_2.8.1-2.deb: line 1: `!<arch>'

--
 Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
 mharnois@sbt.net  aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org