Re: It still don't work......

Responding to the message of Sat, 5 Jul 1997 10:49:36 -0600
from bigt@ourtownusa.com:

> Well here we go again....
>
> A little background so some of you remember.....
>
> I installed debain 1.3 (7) times.  Have been having trouble getting
> dselect to install files using the ftp access method.  I keep getting
> this can't map /lib/libc message.
>
> Well someone sugested that I type this....

I don't know much but I will surely try to help you out.
First, where did you get the distribution?  Is it on CD?  Did you
FTP it?  Having installed Slackware a number of times before I learned of
Debian, I know this can be a frustrating experience.  Personally, this is
my take on the situation:  I would ftp the rescue, drivers, and base disks
from one of the debian sites... I always use ftp.caldera.com in
/pub/mirrors/debian.  Having installed Debian three days ago using that
method, completely without flaw (except X, but that's a whole new ball of
wax), I can only say that I think it should work for you, too.

Give it a try, and let us know how it goes!

Jon Nelson
nels0988@tc.umn.edu
U of MN Housing and Res Life Computing Supervisor