Re: Netscape bug: Newbies using root

On Jun 20, BG Lim wrote
> I agree that nobody shoudl be using root. But for newbies its hard having
> to learn Unix adn system admin at the same time. By using root, you avoid
> all the 'Permission denied' messages.

For some months after I got Linux installed until I knew better, I had
my own account (graham) with a UID of 0, because I wanted to poke around
the system.  My experience is far from rare.

That doesn't make it any more justified to do, however.
--
Graham Hughes <ghughes@cs.ucsb.edu> MIME & PGP mail OK.
(define pgp-fingerprint "E9 B7 5F A0 F8 88 9E 1E  7C 62 D9 88 E1 03 29 5B")