Re: Netscape bug: Newbies using root

It is stated very clearly in documentation all over that you should
run as root as little as possible...  Besides, it is common sense.
When I first taught myself Unix, this was impressed on me very
clearly.  The Linux NAG and SAG mention it, I'm sure, as do some
various HOWTOs.

BG Lim <s_beng@eduserv.its.unimelb.EDU.AU> writes:

> I agree that nobody shoudl be using root. But for newbies its hard having
> to learn Unix adn system admin at the same time. By using root, you avoid
> all the 'Permission denied' messages.
>

> BG
>

> --

John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)