Re: Setting up news

Marcus Brinkmann:
> Would you mind to give an explanation how I can post with leafnode?
> It is not documented at all

Just post as you would to any news server. Then when you run fetch to
download news from the upstream news server, fetch also posts queued news.

This is documented in the fetch man page:

       First, after connecting to the upstream NNTP  server,  all
       articles  in  /var/spool/news/out.going  are  posted using
       POST. ...

> and there are weired dependencies with trn and
> inews, that I don't understand at all.

Leafnode Recommends: trn | news-reader

All this means is, leafnode reccommends that you have a news reader
installed, and out of all the news reader programs, the default one that
will be selected (if you install leafnode from inside dselect) is trn. You
don't have to install or use trn, you can select any other news reader.

There is no inews dependancy at all, I have no idea what you're talking
about there.

--
see shy jo, leafnode maintainer