Re: Best e-mail approach for discon. sites

> jghasler@win.bright.net wrote:
> : Eloy A. Paris writes:
> : > I want to do what you are saying: have this main server accepting e-mail
> : > from the world to users in my UUCP domains and transfer them to the
> : > remote servers when the UUCP link starts.
> :
> : Have you considered the multidrop option in fetchmail?
>
> Uhhmmm... no, I haven't. I haven't ever used fetchmail but I guess this
> you are recommending would solve the problem of checking e-mail from
> remote sites and saving bandwitdth and transfer time, but what about
> sending messages from a disconneted site to the world?

Maybe (smail)+diald+runq+cron.  Use cron to call runq (which is a part of smail) and diald will
bring the link up automagically, and runq will send the mail.  I don't know much about fetchmail's
 multidrop capability, but that might require a POP mailbox for every user on the main server.

When you get this figured out, I would appreciate hearing how you did it.

Reading fetchmail's man page now,

Rob

> E.-
>
> --
>
> Eloy A. Paris
> Information Technology Department
> Rockwell Automation de Venezuela
> Telephone: +58-2-9432311 Fax: +58-2-9430323
>

> --

"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

Rob MacWilliams   robmacw@cl-sys.com
N9NPU