Re: Beginner: Where are error messages of dselect saved?

> Finally I installed debian 1.2 from InfoMagic 6 CD April 1997. But when
> I use deselect (with its default selected packages) to install the
> packages I get a lot of messages, error messages and can't messages. As
> these messages scrolls fast, I can not read them to understand what is
> wrong?

Well, if you use bo (1.3), instead of rex (1.2), you can install
dpkg-mountable, an altenative method for dpkg, which is much faster, much
better, and does logs in /var/log/

You can find it in the admin section of hamm, hamm/main/binary-i386/admin.

It depends on libc5, that's why you need bo.

HTH,

		Marcelo Magallon