Re: Beginner: Where are error messages of dselect saved?

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Hossein Movahhedian wrote:

>  Hi
>
>  Finally I installed debian 1.2 from InfoMagic 6 CD April 1997. But when I use
>  deselect (with its default selected packages) to install the packages I get a
>  lot of messages, error messages and can't messages. As these messages scrolls
>  fast, I can not read them to understand what is wrong? The final message is
>  that "too many error exit with error code 1".
>   Are these messages saved anywhere? Or how can I save them?

There is no loggin in dselect for these messages, however, under normal
circumstances the correct response to these messages is to simply run the
Install step over. Depending on the selected packages, this may need to be
done as many as 3 or 4 times before all the errors disapear.
These problems are caused by dselect not knowing what order to install
packages, resulting in dependencies not being resolved at the time of a
given package install. Hopefully these problems will be solved by the
Deity project.

Luck,

Dwarf