Beginner: Where are error messages of dselect saved?

 Hi

 Finally I installed debian 1.2 from InfoMagic 6 CD April 1997. But when I use
 deselect (with its default selected packages) to install the packages I get a
 lot of messages, error messages and can't messages. As these messages scrolls
 fast, I can not read them to understand what is wrong? The final message is
 that "too many error exit with error code 1".
  Are these messages saved anywhere? Or how can I save them?

 Regards
 Hossein