Re: Beginner: Where are error messages of dselect saved?

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> > Finally I installed debian 1.2 from InfoMagic 6 CD April 1997. But when
> > I use deselect (with its default selected packages) to install the
> > packages I get a lot of messages, error messages and can't messages. As
> > these messages scrolls fast, I can not read them to understand what is
> > wrong?
>
> Well, if you use bo (1.3), instead of rex (1.2), you can install
> dpkg-mountable, an altenative method for dpkg, which is much faster, much
> better, and does logs in /var/log/

This package only logs the output of calls to dpkg, none of the dselect
generated messages will show up in the log. This is useful for this
problem since it will record any problems dpkg had with installing
particular packages, but it will not record all of the information that
dselect provides.

Luck,

Dwarf