Re: deselect

  I know the ZIP drive mounts properly with "-tmsdos" so I'm not sure what
fs it 'really' has on it.  I'm going to test mounting it with "-tvfat"
tonight.  I do have vfat support in linux but my original problem stems
from the fact that the home machine doesn't have Win/95 on it, so I can't
just copy the files from the work machine to the home machine using long
filenames unless the ZIP supports VFAT also and I copy directly to the
linux partitions.

   I'd still rather install from the DOS partition because I have 100+meg
free over there.  So I guess I'd really rather know how to set up the
'Packages' files and run deselect from a directory structure totally
inconsistent with the original Debian mirrors.

On  9 May 97 at 17:53, Rick Jones wrote:

> Did you put VFAT in the kernel so dselect can read the partition
> correctly?
>
> On Fri, 9 May 1997, G.V.Livingston II wrote:
>
> >   If I plan to use the deselect  program to  install packages from a
> > mounted MSDOS partition (mounted at /e) and I have the packages in
> > /e/linux/stable, /e/linux/contrib, & /e/linux/non-free should I edit the
> > 'Packages" files to refelect the new path information?  Or will deselect
> > figure it out when I do the "step by step" entry of file locations?
> >

> >    I'm going to try thie install from scratch tonight and see if I can
> > mount the ZIP disk I'm carrying the stuff home with (ftp via T1 from work
> > move to ZIP disks carry home) with a VFAT fs since I am using it under
> > Win/95 at work it may work, and allow me to use long filenames.
Gerald V. Livingston II

Reply to gvl@usa.net