Re: deselect

On Fri, May 09, 1997 at 06:16:49PM -0600, G.V.Livingston II wrote:
>   I know the ZIP drive mounts properly with "-tmsdos" so I'm not sure what
> fs it 'really' has on it.  I'm going to test mounting it with "-tvfat"
> tonight.  I do have vfat support in linux but my original problem stems
> from the fact that the home machine doesn't have Win/95 on it, so I can't
> just copy the files from the work machine to the home machine using long
> filenames unless the ZIP supports VFAT also and I copy directly to the
> linux partitions.

It has whatever you want on it, or can do; it's just a disk.
You can put ext2fs on it for true Linux long filenames and permissions
if you like. Also, disks don't need to be formatted especially
for vfat; you can just start using them for that.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust                    moffatt@yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.