Re: Mounting a floppy

On Apr 18, Philippe Troin wrote

> Yes, of course. Pick a GID, replace /dev/fd0 by /dev/cdrom (or
> whatever the cdrom device is), and replace the gid=25 by something
> else.

Hmm. There's one slight problem. It doesn't work. :)

First, there's no mention of 'umask' under the mount manpage, so that's
kinda suspicious. And I tried both umask (on a RockRidge CDROM) and mode
(on a plain CDROM)... and they don't work. All the files still come out as
444. I'm running Linux 2.0.30, if that makes a difference.

Basically, I don't care very much about the permissions of the files under
the mountpoint. What I'd want is a way to force the mountpoint to a given
uid/gid and permissions upon mount. Doesn't look like that's possible.

  Christian