Re: Mounting a floppy

On Apr 17, Philippe Troin wrote

> Here it is: man mount.
> Explained a little further:
> add a line like this in /etc/fstab:
>   /dev/fd0 /floppy msdos rw,uid=0,gid=25,noauto,user,umask=007
>
> Now everyone can mount and umount the floppy, but only the users
> belonging to group floppy (GID 25) will be able to read and write it
> (this what the umask command does).

Hmm. Is there any way to do this for cdrom's too? I'd like to restrict
access to whatever is mounted under /cdrom to a given group.

Btw, affs is providing a feature equivalent to msdos's umask, except that
they called it 'mode' instead. I'd be nice if the option names were
consistent... Would should I talk to about that?

  Christian