Re: Problem on mounting CD...

Felix Almeida wrote:
>    /dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 ro,noauto,user,unhide 0 0
>  Where /dev/cdrom is a symbolic link to /dev/scd0. My /cdrom directory
>"mount /cdrom" works fine but "umount /cdrom" gives the error message:
>    umount:  /cdrom mount disagrees with the fstab

I had this problem a while ago, and noticed that the symbolic link is the
problem. Put /dev/scd0 in your /etc/fstab instead of /dev/cdrom, and it
should work...

(I'm not sure where this problem comes from, but I think it's a problem with
mount not supporting symbolic links properly. My guess is that mount passes
through the link when mounting or umounting, but not both (so umount can't
find the device in mtab because it has a different device file name).)

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@spider.compart.fi, rjs@lloke.dna.fi