Re: BO

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Leon Castellanos wrote:

<stuff deleted>

> If you find this e-mail offensive please ignore it and > /dev/null or if
> that doesn't satisfy you please email bomb me or something :)

Well, something anyway ;-)

With your long winded discussion there was, just barely, enough
information to determine exactly what you found as a bug. When you are
looking for help this is THE most important information you can provide.
The rest of your discussion was slightly interesting, but provided no
method of improvement that I could see. Since we can't go back in time and
correct the error on the current disks, our only recourse is to try and
fix them and get another disk set out. There should be a new disk set in
the next day or two, that will, hopefully, have this (and several bugs you
didn't see) fixed. This cycle of testing and repair is the norm for Debian
and though it tries some folks patience at times I think that it works
pretty well given the volunteer nature of the contributions.
If you are truely interested in contributing to the testing effor, please
contact me through private e-mail. We would be happy to have you join us,
we can use all the help we can get.

Waiting is,

Dwarf