Re: BO

On 02-Apr-97 Dale Scheetz wrote:
>On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Leon Castellanos wrote:
>
><stuff deleted>
>
>> If you find this e-mail offensive please ignore it and > /dev/null or if
>> that doesn't satisfy you please email bomb me or something :)
>>
>Well, something anyway ;-)
>
>With your long winded discussion there was, just barely, enough
>information to determine exactly what you found as a bug. When you are
>looking for help this is THE most important information you can provide.
>The rest of your discussion was slightly interesting, but provided no
>method of improvement that I could see. Since we can't go back in time and
>correct the error on the current disks, our only recourse is to try and
>fix them and get another disk set out. There should be a new disk set in
>the next day or two, that will, hopefully, have this (and several bugs you
>didn't see) fixed. This cycle of testing and repair is the norm for Debian
>and though it tries some folks patience at times I think that it works
>pretty well given the volunteer nature of the contributions.
>If you are truely interested in contributing to the testing effor, please
>contact me through private e-mail. We would be happy to have you join us,
>we can use all the help we can get.
>
>Waiting is,
>
>Dwarf
>--

I haven't run across this original msg yet, since I am re-configuring my system
and am just now getting to read some email, but I would like to say something ab
out all the ppl that post to this list and do nothing but bitch about the curren
t state of Debian/Linux.

I don't understand you fuc**ng ppl!  This is an os that is completely volunteer
oriented.  These ppl have lives.  Most of the authors have full time jobs doing
other things.  We should all BE GRATEFULL that they take time to put their talen
t to NON-PROFIT use for the rest of the world to enjoy.  If there is a problem w
ith a piece of work you can be sure that they will find and fix it.  They unders
tand more about the inner-workings of software than most of us ever will, and I'
m sure they have to do a little hokus-pokus sometimes just to get a concept to b
egin to work.

If you want the right to bitch and moan about software then go to the store and
PAY MONEY FOR THE RIGHT by getting M$!!!

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem, or stay out of the Linux commu
nity!!!

Rick <rickya@siservices.net>
E-Mail: Rick <rickya@siservices.net>