Re: Having the most popular problem

On 26 Mar 1997, Franz J Fortuny wrote:

> Please, simply post a message explaining the content of the magic PPP
> files!

All such information can be found in the man pages for pppd, chat, and
diald. This is not, however, a solution to the problem. Knowing what the
various options are that each of these programs will accept does not move
you closer to the correct set for your particular setup. The combinatorics
on these options is quite large, and made more complex by the varied,
differences between one ISP and another. If I send you my options file,
there is no large probablility that it will be of any help to you, unless
our service providers work their end the same way.

So, read the fine manpages, talk with your ISP, and if there are still
options that you don't understand, discuss the particulars on this list.

Debian works real hard to provide packages that "set up" in a way that
will fit the majority of circumstances. This is more than a little
difficult with the ppp package.

Luck,

Dwarf