X Windows scripts

Hi everyone, I am a reasonably new Linux user (mostly due to a lack of
time to play) and I am trying to customize X-Windows. By this I mean
setting up scripts that will load the window manager and load various
applications that the user may specify. Currently I use X-Windows at my
university, and have used their scripts as a reference and guide on my
own system. The problem that I am having is having the applications load
before the window manager and not being "detected" and visable by/in the
manager. I am using fvwm95-2 as my window manager. I am attempting to use
a skeletion and user system, for example skeletion files are sourced my
user files. The skeleton files start the window manager and the user
files allow user custonization.

What I am really looking for is a copy of working scripts that do (or
close to) this type of setup, so that I can see what I am doing right (if
I am at all) and what I am doing write. So if some one is willing to send
me their scripts, I would be much appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Brian