Having the most popular problem

I have been reading all those messages about PPP being so screwed UP.

I must admit that here, in this one, I got caught. I have not been able to
get my connection running for more than 1 minute. I suppose my ISP is not
getting the right stuff, and there is no way for me to know if the contents
of the ppp.chatscript file are actually being transferred to the ISP
computer.

It would be great is someone came up with the STRAIGHT FORWARD way of doing
this. Yes: there must be about 4 variations. Explain them All!

Other than that, the Debian is still a very promising distribution. So let
us contribute.

Please, simply post a message explaining the content of the magic PPP
files!

Franz J Fortuny