Re: 1.2 installation, more notes

> o I'm having problems recompiling the kernel. Compilation and module
>  installation proceeds smoothly (using kernel-sources-2.0.27_1.00 ), but
>  at boot time the slhc, slip and ppp modules I selected (and I suspect the
>  rest in  that category) are not recognized/loaded. Even if I tell
>  make config to include slip/ppp/slhc in the kernel instead of as modules,
>  I cannot use slip or ppp. I noticed these modules were advertised as
>  being (NEW!) on the first compile.
>   The kludge I used was to compile the kernel with my specifications, but
>  use the /lib/modules/2.0.27-old directory instead of the one installed by
>  the make modules_install.

This might be the same one I noticed some time ago (older kernel).
When you compile a new kernel with the same number (2.0.27 in this case),
the new modules go to the same modules directory. However, the
installation does not remove the old modules from the same
directory. If you compile some module into the new kernel, the
same module is both in kernel and in modules. It seems that
the kernel gets confused in this case.

	Esa