Re: About XFree86 3.2 ...

Hi:

graeme@fis-esp.igeofcu.unam.mx said:

>     Carnage> Hello, When you installed XFree 3.2, did you experience
>     Carnage> any problems with the xrdb utility not working?  When I
>     Carnage> first tried it, xrdb would exit with a "can't run
>     Carnage> '/usr/lib/cpp -Dblablabla' with a whole bunch of '-D'
>     Carnage> switches following the 'cpp' part.

I have noticed the same problem here.

> Q. Does it work with option -cpp /usr/bin/cpp, i.e. going straight to the
> binary and not through a symlink?

At least in here, it does.  Moreover, it works with option -cpp /lib/cpp,
going through the symlink.  Additionally, after you have made it work using
-cpp /lib/cpp, it continues working correctly without any -cpp options.  Quite
annoying, really...

> Q. What are the permisions on cpp?

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root      14 Nov 27 16:02 /lib/cpp -> ../usr/bin/cpp
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root   77076 Oct 25 11:02 /usr/bin/cpp

Regards,

M. S.