Re: yp failures

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.960420232317.14671A-100000@silverado.kennet.com>,
Kenny Wickstrom  <kenny@kennet.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
>> In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.960420000536.9154E-100000@silverado.kennet.com>,
>> Kenny Wickstrom  <kenny@kennet.com> wrote:
>> >$ ypcat passwd
>> >YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain tsc.ttd.teradyne.com
>> >No such map passwd.byname. Reason: Can't bind to server which serves this domain
>> >$ypwhich
>> >can't yp_bind: Reason: RPC failure
>>
>> Check the securenets file on the server, to see if you are allowed
>> to use NIS. Also check that the broadcast address of the ethernet
>> interface is correct and the same as on the server. You can
>> do this with plain "ifconfig" on Linux and "ifconfig -a" on the
>> Solaris box. If nessecary, adjust /etc/init.d/network.
>
>Thanks, I have done all of the above to no avail.

In that case, are you sure the domainname tsc.ttd.teradyne.com is
correct? I could find the domain ttd.teradyne.com in your nameserver,
but not tsc.ttd.teradyne.com. Now ofcourse NIS and DNS domains are
totally separate, but I'd try it with ttd.teradyne.com.

Mike.
--
+ Miquel van Smoorenburg   + Cistron Internet Services +  Living is a     |
| miquels@cistron.nl (SP6) | Independent Dutch ISP     |   horizontal     |