Re: yp failures

On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.960420000536.9154E-100000@silverado.kennet.com>,
> Kenny Wickstrom  <kenny@kennet.com> wrote:
> >$ ypcat passwd
> >YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN: No bound server for domain tsc.ttd.teradyne.com
> >No such map passwd.byname. Reason: Can't bind to server which serves this domain
> >$ypwhich
> >can't yp_bind: Reason: RPC failure
>
> Check the securenets file on the server, to see if you are allowed
> to use NIS. Also check that the broadcast address of the ethernet
> interface is correct and the same as on the server. You can
> do this with plain "ifconfig" on Linux and "ifconfig -a" on the
> Solaris box. If nessecary, adjust /etc/init.d/network.

Thanks, I have done all of the above to no avail.

Kenny Wickstrom           | gnu - a new generation in s/w devel/support
kenny@kennet.com          | Linux - a much improved Un*x clone
(847)740-4008             | Debian - a Linux distribution setting the
#include <std-disclaimer> |    standard for future distributions