Re: yp failures

On Sun, 21 Apr 1996, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.960420232317.14671A-100000@silverado.kennet.com>,
>
> In that case, are you sure the domainname tsc.ttd.teradyne.com is
> correct? I could find the domain ttd.teradyne.com in your nameserver,
> but not tsc.ttd.teradyne.com. Now ofcourse NIS and DNS domains are
> totally separate, but I'd try it with ttd.teradyne.com.

Yes, my domain is correct.  Actually, we have a few domains.
tsc.ttd.teradyne.com in a NIS domain and ttd.teradyne.com is a NIS+
domain.  I think I may have found another clue today.  I found that I can
start ypbind with -nodaemon and it tells me that it can't reach the
network.  I haven't find anything wrong with my network setup yet, but
when I use a network analyzer and start ypbind, I don't see any network
traffic.  Anyway, I have a few more things to look at now.

Thank you for your input, if you have any more I'd love to here it.
Hopefully, I haven't tried it yet, if I have I don't my trying again.

Kenny Wickstrom           | gnu - a new generation in s/w devel/support
kenny@kennet.com          | Linux - a much improved Un*x clone
(847)740-4008             | Debian - a Linux distribution setting the
#include <std-disclaimer> |    standard for future distributions