Re: Garbage on terminal lines driving me nuts!

This problem is not restricted to Debian.  My slackware does this too..

My fix: type 'echo ctrl-v esc-c' at a shell prompt. Type carefully as you
can't usually read what you are typing!

Rod

Rod Troch  N2ZVV                             | Don't mess with TEXAS.
troch@texas.com                              | Lonestar - A Linux box
http://www.texas.com/                        | FTP for Pgp key
"Don't ever ask anybody if they are from Texas; if they are, you'll
know it.  If they aren't, you'll just make 'em feel bad."  -Anonymous