Re: Garbage on terminal lines driving me nuts!

: If ever I scroll binary data across a virtual terminal the
: character set gets completely stuffed - the only things which
: come out all right are CAPS and digits - lower case letters
: are replaced with the worst gobbledegook...

 You can force this special nice font by typing
       ctrl-v ctrl-n
and, yes, the way back should exist also:
       ctrl-v ctrl-o

 hope, this helps.
    Andreas.

--
Uni Wuppertal, FB Elektrotechnik, Tel/Fax: (0202) 439 - 3009
Andreas Wehler;   email:  wehler2@welfa4.elektro.uni-wuppertal.de