Re: Garbage on terminal lines driving me nuts!

> If ever I scroll binary data across a virtual terminal the
> character set gets completely stuffed - the only things which
> come out all right are CAPS and digits - lower case letters
> are replaced with the worst gobbledegook...
>
> Nothing seems to fix this other than a reboot - and I really don't
> like taking the server down for something so arbitrary.
The solution is located in the linux faq.  Type in 'reset'.  If that doesn't
seem to fix anything, try this character combination:  Type in 'echo'
then 'ctrl-v', 'esc', 'c'.  There isn't much that this won't cure (in the
way of messed up screens, anyway).
--
				- John Larkin
				- jlarkin@hmc.edu