Errors installing gcc, and problems with X

During installation of debian on my PC I ran into two problems (only)
I have obtained the deb files from the stable tree.

Problems with gs, xdvi etc:

orca:/root setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/X11R6/lib
orca:/root gs
gs: can't load library '/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6'
	Exec format error
gs: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

For some reason I have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Problems configuring gcc:
Package: devel/gcc-2.7.2-4.deb

running dpkg --pending --configure ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gcc:
 gcc depends on binutils (>=2.5.2l.20); however:
 Version of binutils on system is 2.6-2dpkg: error processing gcc (--configure):

binutils has been installed and configured properly.

Hope somebody are able to sort this out...

| Karsten Bolding,                      |
| PHONE:	+45 48243188            |
| INTERNET:  	kbk@dmi.min.dk          |