invalid partition table

  Hi,

  We have a pentium box here that runs windoze95. To install debian,
  I partioned the disk using fips. When debian loaded, I prepared
  a swap partition and a linux partiion on as /dev/hda2 and /dev/hda3 using
  the custom mode installation. The we installed the packages. X loads
  with a garbeled sceen and no mouse reaction, and since xdm is run at
  boot time, I am not sure how to stop. I consolated my colleague by
  claiming that windoze95 would still be there. We removed the debian
  boot disk, rebooted. The floppy is installed, then comes a message:

  Invalid partition table

  and windows stops.

  How could this happen? Note that linux still boots, but I can
  not do anything with it because of this xdm problem. Any way that
  I can rectify the partition table problem?

  Thomas Krichel                               mailto:T.Krichel@surrey.ac.uk
                                  http://www.surrey.ac.uk/Economics/tkrichel