Re: TeX

>The first think I'd point out is the default for
>installing binaries is /usr/local/bin.  No, thank you.  There's
>already enough in /usr/local/bin!
Where else will you put them. They aren't THAT much, and
the FSSTND already said: No additions to the standard PATH

I'd put them in /usr/bin

>You will need to edit Makefile.in in both Web2C and kpathsea to change
>CFLAGS.  I can't find any other way to use -O2 instead of -g.
Grr I hate these -g in every distribution.

>I needed to set TEXINPUTS before dumping plain tex.  I don't
>understand why.
Doesn't sound good.

Nils
--
neulich im Netz:("uber WABI, Windows emulator auf Sparcs)| Nils Rennebarth
Budi Rahardjo                                            | Altenessener Str.93
 >Sure it is nice, but there are still too many bugs.    | 45326 Essen
 >[...] every session it crashes at least 3 times for me.| 0201/328083
Carlo J. Calica                                          | Internet: nils@exp-
 Hmmm. Sounds like a perfect Windows emulation to me :-).| math.uni-essen.de