I put gcc-2.95.2-0pre4 on http://master.debian.org/~doko.
-fstrict-aliasing is off by default (as found in the CVS)
There is a new pre-alpha-gpc-snapshot in the package and gpc is
enabled for all architectures. This may break at least alpha, arm and
m68k. However Peter (one of the upstream authors) is listening to your
bug reports ;-) It would be nice if he could get access on machines
where gpc fails to build.
It becomes hard to be better with bug squashing than the dpkg
maintainers, but I'll try harder ...
gcc (2.95.2-0pre4) unstable; urgency=low
* Updated to cvs updates of the gcc-2_95-branch until 19991021.
* Updated gpc to gpc-19991018 snapshot (closes: #33037, #47453).
Enable gpc for all architectures ...
* Document gcc exit codes (closes: #43863).
* According to the bug submitter (Sergey V Kovalyov <email@example.com>)
the original source of these CERN libraries is outdated now. The latest
version of cernlibs compiles and works fine with slink (closes #31546).
* According to the bug submitter (Gergely Madarasz <firstname.lastname@example.org>),
the problem triggered on i386 cannot be reproduced with the current
jade and php3 versions anymore (closes: #35215).
* Replace corrupted m68k-pic.dpatch (from Roman Hodek and Andreas Schwab
<Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> <email@example.com> and apply to
all architectures (closes: #48011).
* According to the bug submitter (Herbert Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
this bug "probably has been fixed". Setting it to severity "fixed"
(fixes: #39616), will close it later ...
* debian/README.Bugs: Document throwing C++ exceptions "through" C
libraries (closes: #22769).
The other upstream changes from the gcc-2.95.2-0pre3 package are:
Wed Oct 20 10:46:41 1999 Richard Earnshaw (email@example.com)
* jump.c (jump_optimize_1): More accurately detect casesi insns.
Wed Oct 20 22:57:58 1999 Jeffrey A Law (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* toplev.c (main): Do not turn on strict aliasing by default.
* invoke.texi: Corresponding changes.
* sparc.md (movsf_const_intreg): If splitting, length must be > 1.
* local-alloc.c (update_equiv_regs): Check the correct insn
for pre-existing REG_EQUIV notes.