Re: libstdc++2.8 package compiled on glibc-2.1

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 17:07:55 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> I have put a libstdc++2.8 package compiled on glibc-2.1 on
> http://master.debian.org/~doko/. I would like to get some feedback, if
> this breaks packages dependent on this version or not.

I suspect it will. glibc2.1 is compatible for binaries, not for libraries.

> Next thing: Do you of some patches to compile gcc272 and libg++272 on a
> glibc-2.1 based system?

I'm thinking of approaching the problem from a different angle: making a
glibc2.0 altdev environment for potato. I've gotten it to compile using
gcc272 on pandora, but the bulk of the work is going to be in restructuring
the packages (different directory structure, removing -dbg and -doc etc.).

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.