Re: removal of texconfig from Debian packages

On Mi, 23 Mai 2012, Frank Küster wrote:
> I frequently needed the effect of "texconfig dvips offset" (although
> personally, I edited the file directly).

I see. So then, scratch the ide aof dropping texconfig.
I leave it to you to further check in patches for texconfig
to make sure nobody actually uses it in the wrong direction.

> Will it be removed?  Are there already replacements for the things that
> would get lost?

Not for now.

> Does tcfmgr have a replacement for texconfig conf?

tcfmgr not, but
	tlmgr conf
does pretty much the same if not better, as it works on Windows, too.

WINKLEY (n.)
A lost object which turns up immediately you've gone and bought a
replacement for it.