Re: removal of texconfig from Debian packages

Hi Julian,

thanks for your suggestions, more or less all done

On Di, 22 Mai 2012, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> It seems from this list that some of the texconfig features will be
> lost, most notably dvips, mode-list and mode; their effects are to
> modify config files that would otherwise have to be modified by hand,
> and the latter is more error-prone than using the script.

But nobody modifies or should modify these files at all.

> Perhaps there's an in-between solution: for the functions that are
> anti-the-Debian-way (eg paper, pdftex paper, ...), have the warning
> message put up followed by exit 1.  For the ones with a simple Debian
> equivalent (rehash), just do the Debian equivalent (mktexlsr followed
> by whichever options are appropriate), and the ones like mode, just
> edit the config files as before.

Exactely that I don't want. It makes maintaining a pain.
If someone volunteers to patch texconfig furthre and make sure
that all cases are properly handled, fine with me. But I don't
want to verify that....

So please advise, otherwise I will go ahead with the replacement.

BURSLEDON
The bluebottle one is too tired to get up and start, but not tired
enough to sleep through.