Re: Biblatex

Thanks for your quick answer!

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 04:31:26PM +0200, Hilmar Preuße wrote:
> Your you might notice, there is not much activity lately. Franks
> computer died and Norbert is out for climbing. Normally we wait until
> a special package has made it into TeX Live upstream and package that
> thingy, as soon the TL version is out. Software which is packaged
> separately, we remove from the TL packages. This has two advantges:
>
> 1. less load on the TL people
> 2. that piece of software is more up to date at time of release
>
> Of course we don't want to have a single Debian package for every
> LaTeX package.

That definitely makes sense.

> > Maybe I could even join your group to help with this particular
> > package but I don't wanna fall into something I don't really
> > understand. :)
> >
> If you're strongly interested in having this piece of software
> packaged, please go ahead. In case of questions, feel free to ask.

Well, if I did it my package would just move the files to
/usr/share/texmf and call mktexlsr in postinst because that's what I did
to install it. If that's enough I could really do the job but I kond of
doubt that...
I'll have a further look at it and my time. Since Lenny is in freeze
there is no hurry at all. :)

I'd appreciate every hint!

Cheers,
Hauke

PS: Id there a reason for csquotes (in texlive-latex-extra) to be
version 3.6 while 4.1 is at ctan.org? I hust noticed because Biblatex
needs 3.8.