Re: Biblatex

On 30.08.08 Jan Hauke Rahm (info@jhr-online.de) wrote:

Hi,

> I (being a maintainer myself) don't like that and already thought
> about packaging it. There is a RFP bug for it as well.
> Since I'm not that advanced LaTeX user I would appreciate if someone
> with more experience did that job and this is what I'm asking
> you... :) Did you even consider packaging Biblatex?

Your you might notice, there is not much activity lately. Franks
computer died and Norbert is out for climbing. Normally we wait until
a special package has made it into TeX Live upstream and package that
thingy, as soon the TL version is out. Software which is packaged
separately, we remove from the TL packages. This has two advantges:

1. less load on the TL people
2. that piece of software is more up to date at time of release

Of course we don't want to have a single Debian package for every
LaTeX package.

> Maybe I could even join your group to help with this particular
> package but I don't wanna fall into something I don't really
> understand. :)

If you're strongly interested in having this piece of software
packaged, please go ahead. In case of questions, feel free to ask.

H.
--
When a cow laughs, does milk come out of its nose?
  http://www.hilmar-preusse.de.vu/