Biblatex

Hey guys,

first of all thanks for your work! Having LaTeX in Debian is great! :)

A few days ago I started using Biblatex which is a replacement for
Bibtex and very useful as far as I can see. Unfortunately I couldn't
find it in the repository so I had to install it by myself. I (being a
maintainer myself) don't like that and already thought about packaging
it. There is a RFP bug for it as well.
Since I'm not that advanced LaTeX user I would appreciate if someone
with more experience did that job and this is what I'm asking
you... :) Did you even consider packaging Biblatex?
Maybe I could even join your group to help with this particular package
but I don't wanna fall into something I don't really understand. :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Hauke

PS: I'm not subscribed, so CC me please.