Re: New version of latex-cjk-chinese-arphic

Hi Norbert!

Op 27-07-08 14:22, schreef Norbert Preining:

> I am currently rebuilding your packages again in a pbuilder after having
> fixed several (some small, some severe) problems:
>
>   - your error handling in the rules file is hosed: all these building
>     succeeded because the ($(ERR)) was never executed. The reason is the
>     pipe to tee which catches all errors:
>     If you have a line in debian/rules
>         @( cd .... && perl .... (without tee) || ($(ERR)) )
>     then it works and a script in the error makes $(ERR) to run (containing
>     exit 1 it stops the build process). If you add the | tee:
>         @( cd .... && perl .... 2>&1 | tee --append log || ($(ERR)) )
>     you check for the exit code of tee which apparently is true, and $(ERR)
>     is never executed. That is the reason why all the builds in a clean
>     pbuilder, where no freetype1-tools are installed, produced so small
>     .deb files ...
>     Example:
>       $ if false | true ; then echo Hello; else echo World; fi
>       Hello
>     So I pulled the | tee out of the whole stuff:
> 	@( cd .... & perl .... 2>&1 || ($(ERR)) ) | tee --append log
>     That seem to work.

I wonder whether it even makes sense to have this error handling.  It makes
my code even uglier than it already is.  There is always the Debian build log
which seems to capture everything.  I'm not sure how the build log would look
like with parallel builds, but I'm sure something has been found for this.

So I would suggest to completely leave this out.  What do you think?

--
Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)

題目:《霰》
作者:楊萬里(1127-1206)