Re: Patch to make texlive-new work

> So IF we do something for etch, then texlive-bin and texlive-extra would
> make sense ... but this can also be done from the current texlive-new
> layout.

I suggest to genereate packages either way and compare the debs with
debdiff.

> All of these changes are non invasive at all, and the changes to
> texlive-bin fix some regression which might be stupid, especially the
> missing ttf2afm!
>
> For texlive-extra it would be nice to have these fixes in etch, too, but
> who knows ... does it make sense to build packges and ask -release?

I think we should try.  Maybe the changelog entries could be reworded -
I fear some don't make much sense to someone who's not familiar with TeX
or even our update-* mechanisms and dh_installtex.

> Anyway, I am away till the 2 January, so either someone else or I will
> do it when I am back.

I'll be away the whole first week of January, and after that I'll
probably have a backlog both at work and in my "job applications"
folder.